- Opet Petrolcülük A.Ş. was founded in 1992.
- In 2002, Koç Holding Energy Group entered into a 50/50 partnership with the company.
- Opet Petrolcülük A.Ş. currently operates in retail sales, commercial and industrial fuels, lubricants, storage and international trade.
- Fuchs was founded in Germany in 1931.
- Fuchs Petrolub SE currently operates in 50 countries as the world's largest independent lubricant company, with 58 production facilities and 6,000 employees.
- In 1966, it launched its lubricant operations under the title of ROM.
- In 1996, Opet Petrolcülük A.Ş. acquired Rom Lubricant and moved to Çiğli facility.
- In 2002, Koç Holding Enerji Group became a 50/50 partner with Opet Petrolcülük A.Ş.
- In 2005, the partnership between Opet and Fuchs was realized.